News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 Cadillac, Cars of Dreams?

Started by Mik, April 23, 2011, 08:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mik

Hello, Does any one know of the 59 Cadillac Cars of Dreams (Marv) are selling on ebay

Regards
Mik
M. Menna

veesixteen

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I am surprised that there wasn't a TV in the Dash. ;)

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

veesixteen

Me too.  BTW, note the poor trim work on upper door panels even though he says, "The chrome, stainless, trim, paint, body, interior, trunk, engine compartment and undercarriage on this car are indicative to a car that has undergone a very expensive and complete restoration. They just don't come much better than this…"  As to the "Exterior: Seminole Red (Paint code 50)",  the paint code is correct but the color is not; it is more like 1956 taupe poly (48), 1958 desert bronze (98), 1961 topaz (98), 1965 Samoan bronze (46)].  the top code for black is “2”, even though the description reads "Convertible Top: Black (1)". This bit amused me:  "Eldorado is a French resort town on the Bay of Biscayne …"  In fact,  El Dorado that mythical land of gold and riches sought for by the Spanish conquistadores in the 15th century; Biarritz, on the other hand, is a French resort town on the Bay of Biscay (not Biscayne). The Eldorado Biarritz Convertible was NOT introduced in 1953; in fact, the Biarritz name was used first in 1956 to distinguish the coupe (Seville) from the convertible. Finally, 20 options are listed; in fact there were only 4 (air-conditioning, tinted glass, Cruise Control and Autronic-Eye); all other "options" actually come  standard.

Still, the car is a 'beaut', even though the vendor could have said so in far fewer words ... and still have got his point across.

Chris Conklin

Quote from: veesixteen on April 25, 2011, 05:03:10 PM
Still, the car is a 'beaut', even though the vendor could have said so in far fewer words ... and still have got his point across.
It worked, got $120K plus! I really like the engine bay, looks very nice.
Chris Conklin

David Greenburg

How about the '59 Fleetwood with 22k on ebay?  Looks really nice, and really overpriced, despite the $30k price reduction from a few weeks ago.  I was down in S. Calif. a couple of weeks ago and was tempted to go see it, just to see what a really nice one is like and give me something to aspire to.   
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Bill Lucarelli #22702

Now on EBay......listed by 21stcenturyauctions......Marv has Hampton Green 59 Eldo listed with Buckets
1959  Eldorado conv
1958  Porsche speedster
1948  Plymouth woody

Davidinhartford

It sure looks nice.    It is nice to see one that isn't red.   

Dave Shepherd

Yes, and he is a great guy, been falsely accused of all kinds of stuff in the press over the years, I worked for him for 10 years. A real down to earth " car guy".  Not a " zillionaire", but owns or is involved in quite a few dealerships in NY and Fl. and has been in the car business for 35 years"

veesixteen

Glad to know he's "clean" and a "good guy", like us.

Jon Riley #13576

I have no idea how the Luv Dog is connected with Mr. Staluppi,  but here is a video of his private museum:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN_BAn55a4

rwchatham CLC 21892

Now that is an amazing museum. Beautiful cars and an amazing setting. Quite the accomplishment to go from a mechanic at 16 to where he is today. Fantastic !
R. Waligora