News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Future Grand Nationals

Started by yachtflame, May 11, 2011, 07:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

I just read that there will be three GN's in a row in the East. Where do I find out the locations of these meets?
Wayne #17075
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Art Director

2012 - St. Augustine, Florida
2013 - Quincy, Massachusetts
2014 - Lake George, New York
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Jay Friedman

I've noticed that future Grand Nationals are no longer posted in the Calendar section of the CLC web site.  The result is that this question, which I also had, must be asked on this forum now, whereas previously you could look it up.  Does anyone know why?
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Chuck Swanson

Quote2012 - St. Augustine, Florida
2013 - Quincy, Massachusetts
2014 - Lake George, New York

Funny, I am probably one of the closer CLC member near Lake George and there is no club in my area, nearest is over 120 miles.  Not sure which local club to join as they are so far away from Central NY area.  Which club is hosting Lake George...Albany I suppose? ;)  

As a side note, I am also a member of the NY State Snowmobile Association (NYSSA) and club member there and we will now be hosting our annual meeting in Lake George :-)  

Oh, while on upstate NY, Buffalo web site is outdated.  Are they an active club?

Thanks, Chaz S.
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Art Director

Quote from: Chaz Swansen on May 23, 2011, 07:25:52 PM
Which club is hosting Lake George...Albany I suppose? ;)

The New York Capital District, based in Albany, bid to be the host Region for the 2014 Grand National.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Chuck Swanson

Great! 

Also spoke with Tony Z (on an unrelated question) and we spoke about the Buffalo club and they are active in Upstate NY too.  Thanks for all the quick responses! 
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

C.R. Patton II

Ladies and Gentlemen

As a graduate of the University of Southern California I am aware of the great climate that exists in the beautiful left half of the United States. I recall admiring the unique classic Cadillacs and LaSalles from the fantastic state of Texas westward. Some of the most wonderful automobiles on Earth are in these areas. There are an abundance of eyedropping treasures in these states. The members exemplify the Standard of the World. I would like to see the Western and/or Southwestern Region host a Grand National in 2015 or 2016. The other regions, chapters and international affiliates support you. I look forward to attending.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Eric S. Maypother #15104

I'm planning on going to the 2012 & 2013 GN's, maybe the 2014

I've been wanting to take another trip to Florida, the GN will be a good trip, I'll probably drive down, it's like 24 hours non-stop but I'll make it a 2 day trip, last time I went I drove from Daytona Beach to my house in Clinton, MA in 23hrs 45mins, only making a few pit stops.

Then I'm only about an hour away from Quincy, MA so I'll be going to that 1 for sure.

I'm only 3 1/2 hrs from Lake George so I'll probably go to that 1 as well.

CR has a good idea about having a Western and/or Southwestern GN in 2015.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Glen

It is my impression that the Board of Directors have minimal control over where the GN is held, because they rely on the regions to bid on a year.  If no region in the west bids, there will be no GN there.  We need a western region to bid on future GNs

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

C.R. Patton II

Hello Glen

You are absolutly correct. The Board of Directors do not have any control over who bids but they encourage and support a clockwise rotation of the Grand National event to showcase our vehicles, share the honor of member participation, and educate the general public about the Standard of the World. Statistics have shown membership escalation post Grand National not to mention the exposure to young people to generate automotive careers.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.