News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

68 Eldorado Twilight Sentinel and Guide-Matic

Started by Carl Glass, May 12, 2011, 07:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Glass

If I were to add the TS and GM to my 68 Eldo, assuming I could find all the parts, would I also have to find a headlight switch that had these options?  Or do the options "hang off" the front of the switch?  From the electrical diagrams, the controls for each seem to have own separate connectors.

I realize the 68 Eldo headlight switch is extremely rare due to the vacuum headlamp doors and parking lights.  Thankfully, I believe mine to be in good working order.  Finding a new one with both options may be next to impossible.  Does anyone have a photo of their headlight switch removed with TS and GM options installed?  Any late 60s Cadillac would do I think.

Thx

Carl
Carl Glass
'68 Eldorado, cruise control, climate control, am/fm stereo, tilt/tele, 6-way bench, and vinyl roof.  Would love to add the twilight sentinel, guide-matic, power door locks, right hand mirror, headrests, and floor mats.  And how about leather buckets?  Oh, and pull the vinyl top.

Warren Rauch #4286

There is only one Headlight switch listed in the Cadillac  parts book for 1968 Eldo ,part # 1995162. Since it only fits the one model , a spare would be a good idea. Warren

Carl Glass

Thanks Warren.  That's what i was hoping to hear.  I pulled a headlight switch off a '79 Eldorado wiith TS today.  The pigtail is black/yellow,light green,violet just like it is supposed to be for my '68.  The TS is mounted on the shaft in front of the switch itself. There is room on the shaft for another device (GM).  I'm hoping to pull this TS off and adapt it to my headlight switch.

Got my elec/pneumatic valve in the mail today.  Getting close.

Thx
Carl Glass
'68 Eldorado, cruise control, climate control, am/fm stereo, tilt/tele, 6-way bench, and vinyl roof.  Would love to add the twilight sentinel, guide-matic, power door locks, right hand mirror, headrests, and floor mats.  And how about leather buckets?  Oh, and pull the vinyl top.

Glen

QuoteGot my elec/pneumatic valve in the mail today

Where did you find that?    I’m looking for a spare. 

If you have the TS I think you can use the standard light switch because the vacuum valve on the switch becomes surplus

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Carl Glass

I found the electro/pneumatic relay assembly on ebay.

thx

Carl
Carl Glass