News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vin Number

Started by Frankjr, May 13, 2011, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankjr

Hello i am sure you were asked 100 times before but i can't find the VIN Numbers on my 6519 Cadillac . I looked on the frame and on the motor,the book i have says it would be found on the last 2 cylinders parrell to the firewall, if this is correct? Thanks Frank Santoro Jr

C.R. Patton II

Hello Frank Jr.

Wonderful vehicle you have and rare. I attempted to reach you by phone to walk you to your vehicle identification number but I had a nice conversation with a guy that had a 6019S. I think your number should be on the top of the frame when you stand in front of your driver side wheel to look down on the frame. Apply some flour on the frame to enhance the numbers and use a flashlight to illuminate the area. If you have any questions or you need assistance call me.313-804-0276. Thanks Chuck
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Frank,
That's a nice offer from Chuck. What year is your car? 37 or 38? That makes a big difference on the frame #'s.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Frankjr

Hello the Cadillac is a 1938 6519 all stock except for the exhaust system, it has a divider with slideing glass 5 passenger.I just bought it last week and i will try to restore it.
I also have a 1951 Cadillac 2 dr coupe i am restoreing that i use to drive around town.I think this one has a lot more class and i always wanted a 1938.Since i signed up for CLC
i have got nothing but good sound advice.I have many questions but will take one at a time.I plan to call Chuck as soon as i can,if it was not for guys like him and other members
of CLC it would be impossibe to restore a classic like this car.Thanks for all the help.Frank Santoro Jr

Frankjr

Hello i found the VIN # today on the dr side frame it reads 7270564 . Should the motor no. be the same? Thanks Frank Santoro Jr

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Frank,
Glad you found the #. The engine # did match when the car was new. Did you find it??
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.