News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

An Original 1948 Cadillac

Started by Ctynes57, May 18, 2011, 11:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctynes57

Here are photos of an original 1948 Cadillac Series 62 that appeared at the Texarkana Four States Auto Museum Show last weekend.  The owner is Mr. Mike Cross of Texarkana.  Charles D. Barnette.

Ctynes57

Here are two additional photos of the above named 1948 Cadillac.  Charles D. Barnette

LM 25575

L. Marzana
- 1949 Cadillac 62 4 door
- 1981 HD FLTC

R Schroeder

There only original once.
Very nice car.
Roy

Tito Sobrinho

What a beautiful trunk slope that follows Frank Hershey's original design. Later one, it became square for the benefit of space!
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Jeff Maltby 4194

I never could fiqure out why the rear stone guard comes to a point on the sedans and chopped off square on the 2 door models ?

Nice car !
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Tito Sobrinho

Jeff:

Good question! After I read it, I noticed that my car has the chopped off point. Perhaps, it was for purely aesthetic reasons; when the passenger opened the rear door, his eyes would automatically look down.
Cadillac, spent a lot of money by doing 2 molds for the rear stone guard, if my assumption is correct.
Perhaps, Mr. Yann Saunders could answer your question or maybe somebody who worked in the factory during those days.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Jeff Maltby 4194

Tito.

The august 1978 edition of Car Classics mag has a great article on 49 the first production hardtops from GM. In the picture of the coupe de ville, it shows the stone quard with a pointed tip like buick and olds came to market with. Somewhere along the line, they decided to chop it off. Another comment the author made was most coupe de villes were one solid color which i had not a clue about, as they look much better 2 tone in my opinion.

:<
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500