News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Country a Member is Located In?

Started by EAM 17806, May 22, 2011, 08:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAM 17806

I would suggest that each member be requested or required to record the country they are from in their profiles. It could bring all of us closer as a group membership and little more helpful to each other when items are a little more difficult to resolve in varies countries. Just a thought!  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

C.R. Patton II

Hello Everett

I really like your goal of bringing us all together regardless of the country we are from. I'm willing to do anything to assist fellow members on other continents or islands. Our current posting rules requires us to state identity. Do you think the membership directory solves the location issue?
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

EAM 17806

Yes, the membership directory may tell us where a member is from but when you are on line with someone asking a question we wouldn't be expected to run to the directory just to see who and where he's from. It would be so much more of a friendly relationship in our communications if we all new where a member is writing from which would add to a better insight for assistance or comments. It is much easier to go to a member's profile to see his location than it would be to go looking for the directory, wherever it's kept. EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark