News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

"Steve's Box-O-Carbs" 41 Series 62 Coupe

Started by Gravel, May 25, 2011, 06:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravel

Hello All,

With the purchase of my 41, I received a couple of things and am hoping for some help.

One of these things was a hand written note of unknown date that states the car has the wrong carb on it. I still need to verify what is actually on it but ultimately that is not the reason for this specific post.

The other thing was a box-o-carbs, 6 carbs in total. The following is the best I have been able to gather about these carbs to this point and am hoping for possibly a little fine tuning on my facts from the people here.

First up to bat, a Stromberg 7-34A. Only thing I was able to find when searching this one is that a 7-34 is for a 1940 Buick, but nothing with an "A".

Gravel

Next up to bat, Carter WD-O 460S 6-321. The 6-321 came up 39 LaSalle but the 460S comes up 40 LaSalle?

Gravel

Next one I assume is an off the shelf Carter WD-O but has a strange little unit at the bottom carb flange. Also the number is in a bit different spot on this one and reads 0-379.

Gravel

Last, a pair of Carter WCD 581S carbs, I assume its a pair, they are identical but one is missing a tag. I have absolutely NO clue of the application here..

Thanks to anyone who can offer any help here!

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

Gravel

Thanks for the reply!

That is actually one of the sites I used to compile the bit of info I currently have.

Gravel

Guess I wasn't entirely clear, sorry about that.

Ultimately what I am looking for here is a solid ID on these carbs, of course this will also tell me if any of them are anywhere near the "proper" carb for my 41.

Gravel

Ok, I have now verified that the carb that is currently on the 41 is not the original carb. Too bad too, at the engine is a numbers matching engine.

It's a Carter WGD, where is the important number on this one?