News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Series 62 Direction Indicator problem

Started by Baza, June 01, 2011, 03:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baza

Hi Guys
Well I'm pleased to report that i was able to get to the Caddy today and put a jumper wire across the Blue and Mauve leads on the switch and .....YES she turned over first time, so it definately  is the Neutral Safety switch that's at fault.  I have since trace one on US ebay and ordered it, it's a used part but i understand its in working order so i can fit this as soon as it arrives. Sop a very big thank you for your help.
However, I now  appear to have created a further fault when trying to remove this Neutral Safety switch, as there is a sliding mechanism on the base of the steering column which appears to activate the direction indicators power. I have already taken the Horn Ring off and  It would appear that the top end of the connecting wire ( that's the end of the wire that is  under the horn ring), has become un-attached as i can see a piece of wire with a curled end on it.
Do you happen to know if it is possible to re-attach this without taking the whole column out of the car?
Any advice here again would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Barry
Barry Ashdown