News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Sixty Special 60s Hood Hinge and Spring assembly

Started by TMoore - NTCLC, June 06, 2011, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMoore - NTCLC

Hello -

I am trying to help a friend with the installation of of the hood assembly on a 1941 60S.  All of the parts had been removed for coating, and putting things together is proving to be a challenge.  When he put the parts all together in what seemed to be the correct order, the rear of the hood tends to raise several inches above the cowl as he lowers it.

Does anyone have any pictures of how the hinges bolt to the cowl, the hood, the fender and the the spring assembly that they could share?

We have the adjustment procedures from the manual, but we appear to be a long way off before starting those procedures - perhaps we have something reversed on the hinges or the assembly. All the rivets appear to be in good shape, and there isn't any slop in the assemblies, but something just isn't right.   My 1942 appears to be different enough to not be very helpful when compared to the 1941.

Any pictures of the correct assembly will be much appreciated.

lou-q

T Moore,
I'm having trouble with the hood on my 39.  Same thing, when I lower the hood the back on the passenger side comes up a couple of inches.
I took  out the swivel bolt for the hood springs and support and it closes where it should. ???
I'm thinking that my springs are stretched but not sure.
I tried adjusting it every way possible but the only thing that worked was not using the support springs.
For now I'm using a broom stick to hold it up. It's better than the hood being up in the back.
Did yours close properly before you took it apart?
Maybe someone will set us straight.
Good luck,

Lou Quirch
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us