News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

75 cadillac crankcase breather

Started by tman, June 14, 2011, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tman

the crankcase breather in my 75 , it is a sealed element, how do i clean it ? , or are they any replacments out there?, and the car has a vibration during ilde when the car is in park when i am stopped at a light it is noticeable
thomas whalen

TJ Hopland

That breather should still be available as a part from parts stores. It may not be in stock but they should be able to order it. It fit most Cadillacs from around 1970-1981 so it was a common part.  A couple years ago it was still listed from AC Delco.  I have not tried to buy one recently.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

If it's the same as the one on my '73 Eldo you can clean it.  Just soak it in
gasoline, drain and allow to dry and re-oil as per instructions in the manual.

Mine is a small square metal piece with a hose outlet on either end.

Note:  Do this OUTSIDE as gasoline, of course, is highly flammable.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

EAM 17806

These crankcase ventilating breathers fit years 1971 t0 1979 and they're not easy to find new. I just tried getting one for someone and spent hours on the computer and telephone and couldn't find a new one. The AC Delco site only supplies 1980 up original parts. If any of you guys know where to find new ones let us all know. A good used one from the junk yard is just as good after you clean it up and oil the stainless steel mesh inside as suggested. I've had mine since 1977 and it still is in perfect shape.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark