News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Where do you go for parts?

Started by Andrew Armitage, June 17, 2011, 06:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Armitage

I'm new to the vintage Cadillac scene and I'm not sure where the best sources for parts are.  I'm trying to get a '41 Sixty-Seven series back in operation and on the road.  I know about Kanter and the big name places.  I'm looking for basic mechanical parts such as belts, gaskets, correct green engine paint, correct fuel line and exhaust insullation, etc.  Are there other, smaller places that have good prices and decent customer service?  I found a place, Cooper's Vintage Automotive Parts (www.coopersvintage.com) but I've tried calling several times with no answer and the voicemail box is full.  Are they even still in business?  Any suggestions of good places to start?

Thanks!
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

This posting appears in lots of sites, but it gives you a wide range of vendors.

Go to:

http://cadillacmisfits.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=qshfk12md4urs3fc8qcs1fj730&

Go to "General Discussion"

Take a look at the article "Huge List of Cadillac Parts Vendor"....
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series

Armond Mailan

Yes, Coopers is a great place to purchase parts. They are still in business and have been for a long time.  I was there yesterday and picked up a water pump from them for $150. Bob did tell me that he was having issues with his phone that he is trying to get fixed.  Meantime, keep trying you will be able to get in touch with him. Just in case here is the number (818) 361-7878. Good Luck.

paulkersey

You will find each system you work on will have a few expert shops. When you dig into that system throw up a post.
I try to have any original items rebuilt and also try to stay away from Chinese parts.
Most bigger suppliers have sourced manufacturing to China creating a vastly expanded product line but often suspect quality.
J. Wicks # 19583

paulkersey

J. Wicks # 19583

Andrew Armitage

Thanks for the link to all the shops/parts stores, that's going to come in handy.

Thanks for the info Armond, I called Cooper's a couple more times and got through finally.  I almost gave up on them and the alternative that was next in line was quite a bit more expensive.
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

baxterculver

CLC member Otto Skorzeny posted an extensive list recently.  His email can be accessed by clicking on the "Members" at the top of this page.
baxter culver clc#17184

John Barry [CLC17027]

Just my two cents' worth:

* Steele Rubber is the right place IMO for anything elastomer-related.  They know the drill and seem quite helpful and responsive.  You'll pay for top-shelf quality and you'll get exactly that.
* Egge in Los Angeles is a good source for engine internals (pistons, connecting rods, etc.) .
* Look up Bruce Berghoff (a CLC member, by the way) for all sorts of odds and ends; i.e., things like taillight lenses, side mirrors, and a host of other items.
John Barry (CLC 17027)
Now-retired editor/Publisher of the Valley Forge Region newsletter, The Goddess
1940 La Salle series 50 four door sedan