News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Forum Look

Started by Bill Hedge CLC 14424, June 20, 2011, 06:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

A BIG thanks to Peter Gariepy, the club's webmaster!  The appearance of the message board may be what most, if not all of you, notice.  However, from my point of view as one of the board's administrators/moderators, there is a huge difference!  Although many of you are probably not aware of it, the club has experienced a huge spam attack over the last month or so.  It was not an unusual day for an administrator or moderator to spend well over an hour deleting spam and malicious posts and baning and deleting the accounts of spammers.

Thanks again Peter for a job well done

Bill Hedge,
CLC #14424

Peter Gariepy 26457

Bill,

Thanks for the positive comments!

Peter

Barry Norman

I really like the new look ! Very fresh and clean !
Barry Norman

C.R. Patton II

Very clear appearance. I really appreciate the effort, energy and time of all involved for providing us the opportunity to participate.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Terry Cox #26379

;) great job on the forum looks, font, and work put forth. props to the unseen folks who make this a fine club forum. I appreciate it ! Terry cox 26379

Fred Zwicker #23106

I like the look of the light blue background, but think that it needs a little tweaking.  Possibly the type should be darker black for more contrast, and/or the background could be made a lighter shade of blue for easier reading.  Realizing the effort and amount of work that was required for this update, was certainly hesitant to say anything, but I immediately noticed that  it was harder for my tired old eyes to read.   

Steve Tuck is a photographer and I do advertising layout and copy writing, so our observations are based on many years of experience. The last thing that we would want to do is to be critical or to hurt someone's feelings - just voicing our honest opinions.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

D.Yaros

I will second Fred's comments.  I noticed it a bit more difficult to clearly discern the listings on the "New Messages" page.
Dave Yaros
CLC #25195
55 Coupe de Ville
92 Allante
62 Olds  

You will find me on the web @:
http://GDYNets.atwebpages.com  -Dave's Den
http://graylady.atwebpages.com -'55 CDV site
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros  -Saved 62 (Oldsmobile) Web Site
The home of Car Collector Chronicles.  A  monthly GDYNets newsletter focusing on classic car collecting.
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros/

76eldo

The individual thread pages are fine, but I miss the email link under each user's name.  I have used email to communicate with posters and have received emails too.  If that's a toggle option, I vote to turn it back on.

The main pages are a little harder to read and I agree that the older way of displaying new posts (lining up on the left) was a bit easier on the eyes.

That being said, I admin several websites and I can appreciate what you are doing here and commend you on the main site and this forum.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Paul Tesone

I too have been reluctant to be critical  ,  knowing that I am a person who admits to being resistant to change once I get accustomed to something , and knowing that a lot of effort must have gone into the new look . BUT ,since others have been brave enough to give an honest opinion , I will give mine as well . I have to agree with everything Dave , Fred , and Brian had to say .  Would I get accustmed to the new look even if nothing is changed ? Absolutely -- but I think making the small changes suggested will make the new look better . Thanks for all your work . Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

Peter Gariepy 26457

WEBMASTER RESPONSES:

1. Email links: They are still available, just click the user's name and its right there.

2. New Posts:  They have the "New" button next to them.

3. "darker black for more contrast, and/or the background could be made a lighter shade of blue for easier reading."  Not sure i understand that comment. On the "thread" pages all text is black, although the background is a light shade of blue, not white, so the contract isn't absolute. Regardless, I'll see what i can do.

Paul Tesone

Thanks Peter -  - Paul Tesone CLC #6876