News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CLC Grand National - Aug 9-13 - Columbus OH

Started by Peter Gariepy 26457, June 20, 2011, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Gariepy 26457

Cadillac & LaSalle Club Grand National - Columbus OH

For more info:  http://www.centralohioregionclc.org/2011-grand-national/

Thomas G. Smith

Hoping for a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom and Lisa
Thomas G. Smith

Fred Zwicker #23106

I plan to bring my 1939 LaSalle Convertible (1st place Senior at the CLC GN in 2008 and 1st place at the Glenmoor Gathering Concourse Show in 2008), and will be driving my '66 Cadillac DeVille convertible. Both for display only.  I plan to arrive on Friday afternoon.  Hope to see a big turnout.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Matt Harwood

Driving down in my 1929 sedan and my lady friend will be driving our 1993 Allante convertible (which is for sale!). I entered the Allante in judged competition just to see how it'll fare, with 25,000 original miles and still riding on the original tires, it has to be a high point car, eh? I'm curious to see how it does.

Anyone else from northeast Ohio driving down on Thursday morning? I'd welcome some additional drivers in a caravan in case worse comes to worst!

See you there!
Matt Harwood
Cleveland, OH
1929 Cadillac 341B sedan
1941 Cadillac 60S
2010 CTS4 3.6 Performance Wagon

62droptop

just a word of caution riding around on 1993 tires

carefully check the tires for dryrot, you cannot see what is happening on the inside.
i personally would not trust a 18yr old tire on the road no matter how much tread is left on it, not worth having a blow out at speed and possible damage to car,a crash or worse
just my thoughts

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I fully agree with the previous poster.

Tires after 10+ years are not safe to use at Interstate speeds.  They become
prone to cord separation, which results in the tread and / or sidewall bulging
from the core, due to heat.  Either situation will result in tire failure which could
result in a tire blow out with little warning.

My advice: Don't use them for this purpose.  For a local show driving just
a few miles, OK -- but for a few hours on the Interstate at 70 MPH you are
risking an accident.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Gene Roqueplot CLC#19950

I plan on driving my 66 Eldorado to Columbus on Friday. I will be staying at my son's in Mansfield. It will be nice to meet our Members! I hope to meet Fred and Mike!
So Who else is planning on attending?
Thanks
Gene Roqueplot #19950
Located in West Middlesex, PA. 16159
1966 Eldorado

Terry Cox #26379

i plan on driving to the meet and was wondering if i can / need / should register when i arrive. i wll not be driving my eldorado as last minute ball joint trouble says not to drive it. :'( >:( this is my first time attending and first year as a clc member and am not familar with this show circuit. in my previous club i left (due to the exclusive inner circle not to be penetrated by freshmen...just my observense)..just being honest.......(and i can make  friends with a shunk if he would promise not to stink)...
so..... i am looking forward to putting myself out there to meet / great a new found bunch of more friendly group of guys.
in my previous club... even if one did not show a car ....but belonged to the club.... upon arrival the club member was issued a name badge on a lanyard to meet / great others. is this the case here or is there a different way to address folks???? 8) 8)
   Thanks, Terry Cox 26379