News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1938 Lasalle carpet

Started by lasalle38, June 22, 2011, 09:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasalle38

I am having a hard time finding a carpet that is correct for my 38 Lasalle 5019 4 door sedan. I see some pics on here that show original flooring for some lasalles as having rubber in the center hump area as well as the drivers floor area.  Any help in finding pictures or a vendor who may supply a correct carpet would be very helpful. This car has been a labor of love and I am trying very hard to preserve it as built.  Will AACA deduct points for incorrect applications? The carpet I removed is so mutilated that its impossible to determine what belongs. Is  nylon cut pile  allowed? I have found some samples or these carpets and one vendor who claims to have a pattern but am not so sure what he is providing.  Help!!!!! Art Hawk Alpha NJ
Art  Hawk Alpha NJ. email: lasalle38@msn.com

C.R. Patton II

Hello Art

Its great to hear of another LaSalle returning to its glory. We have a club member Fred Zwicker that completed a fabulous restoration on a 1939 LaSalle 5067. He was meticulous with the interior and trunk. You can reach him at fznz@comcast.net. What a great ambassador he is.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.