News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1928 Cadillac 341 Light and Throttle Levers on Steering Wheel

Started by kenscaddie, June 28, 2011, 08:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenscaddie

I need to have both these levers recast.
Can anyone advise what the length is of each of the levers.
Can anyone provide photos or drawings of both lever assemblies
Ken Andersen # 21420

Jim Stamper

I think someone is already recasting these items, but the name escapes me right now. Did you do a search? Someone here must know.

Jim Stamper CLC#13470

kenscaddie

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply.
What ever is out there is not correct for my 1928 Cadillac.
I can see from photos that one lever is slightly longer than the other, therefore if I know the length, then my casting guru can do the rest.
Ken Andersen # 21420

Jim Stamper

Peter Sanders was one source I was thinking of. Not sure about lever lengths. If they are too long your guru can probably artfully shorten them to specks easier than casting new ones.

Jim Stamper CLC#13470

kenscaddie

Hi Jim,

Even the ones that Pete Sanders has are not the correct one.
One of my levers screws onto the spider assembly, the other one is part of a "barrel" type casting, where the lever is actually cast on a corcular barrel,, hollow in the centre. The bottom of the barrel has 2 slots in it.
Ken Andersen # 21420