News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Deville -91, no working low beam

Started by Soren Johnson, July 01, 2011, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soren Johnson

Head lights low beam have stopped working and I can't find out whats wrong.
Bulbs okej, tried another relay, changed the switch in the instrument panel.
Only get 4 volt to the bulb contacts.
No volt to the HDLPS fuse.
Check the picture, is that the socket for the light relay?
Any ideas?
Soren Johnson, Sweden

CEC #20099

Soren: I have a 90 SDV. Lo beams work separately from Hi  beams. On my car, the "Magic Wand" turnsignal lever is also the headlight dimmer switch. I have to tilt the steering column until I hit the spot where the dimmer lever works. Stupid Design.
You may want to check your dimmer switch operation.
CEC #20099

Soren Johnson

On my car, the high beam is turned on by foot, but i will try the steering wheel in different positions as soon as it gets light outside.
Soren Johnson, Sweden

TJ Hopland

Highbeam is on the floor of a 91?  Is this a RHD conversion?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Soren Johnson

I think some earlier owner has done this modification, don't know why, may be the turn signal stick is bad.
Soren Johnson, Sweden

TJ Hopland

I would be looking at that modification for the issue.   Usually with the turn signal ones the switch ends up on the top of the column a little to the left just under the dash.    One would assume that the original switch is still there and they just disconnected the wires and ran them down to the new switch but who knows.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason