News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'62 Eldorado Fuse Panel -- "Acc" Connection

Started by Gary Christensen CLC # 21112, July 06, 2011, 01:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Christensen CLC # 21112

I am installing a new dash harness.  My Service Manual doesn't include the dash wiring diagram for a 6367 (only series 60, 62, and 75).  So my fuse panel and wiring don't exactly match the diagram.  On the right side of my fuse panel, there are two additional connections -- one marked "Power Windows" and the other marked "Acc".  The lead for the window harness and power top connect into the "Power Windows" connector.  I can't figure out what is supposed to connect to the "Acc" connector.  Someone before me has done some creative work and has wired one bulb on a red wire to a splice of blue wire and then a splice to a green wire that goes through the wire channel in the left sill to the nether reaches.  Previously this is what was connected to the "Acc" spot on the panel, and I know it's not right (and I can't figure out what the green wire is for, either).

Does anyone know what the Acc connector is supposed to lead to?

Thanks.

Gary

Antoni Deighton

Would this be for the "accessory" position on the ignition? I'm guessing based on my '78 Fleetwood, so I'm probably way off!
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

The "Acc" connection I'm speaking of is on the "outbound" side of the panel.  Juice from the ignition switch -- including the Accessories position -- comes into the fuse panel on the "inbound" side (which really is at the bottom of the panel).  My question is what downstream bits are supposed to be connected to the outbound Acc spade.  All of the things I've been able to think of are otherwise connected.  The radio has a separate connection.  The interior lights come off of the body feed.  The headlights are always hot and connected directly to the bus.  Heater and A/C have a separate fuse position.

I can't imagine that the spade is supposed to be blank.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Gary

76eldo

I think it's a take off point for powering accessories.  Probably hot with the key on.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Dan LeBlanc

I've had a 62 coupe and a 61 Fleetwood both with rear defoggers.  In both instances, that is where it was wired into.  You can also plug your power window feed into this one if you don't want them live all the time.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Thanks a bunch for the replies.  Steven's picture says it all -- I assume the white thing is the 40 amp circuit breaker that is supposed to be in lieu of the fuse (which is long gone on my car).  Dan's observation about rear defogger also makes sense, since the convertible doesn't have one.

I'll leave it blank.

I think my mystery wire is for the "trunk ajar" tell tale.  It must've been a "fix" for a broken wire in the body harness.

Thanks again.

Gary