News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac belt sequence for an a/c car?

Started by carguyblack, July 08, 2011, 06:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Would someone with a car like mine shoot a picture or describe the sequencing of the 3 pulley belts? I have just installed a dual pulley generator and I can't seem to figure out the shims needed to have the power steering on one side and the generator on the other all line up correctly.
Thanks for any help! I was also looking for a few shims like this picture, as well, if anyone has a few to spare.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

J. Gomez

Chuck,

The only piece with these shims is the P/S bracket that bolts to the water pump, these are place in between. I believe all have these in place A/C and non AC models.

The A/C compressor and generator do not have these. The belts are; rear grove on water pump and crank pulley to P/S pump pulley (single belt), the middle and front from the crank and water pump pulley to A/C and generator (dual belt).

Hope this helps.

Good luck…!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082