News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CADILLAC HOOD PAD

Started by 1969cadillac, July 09, 2011, 05:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

Hello - yet another question about my 69 caddy

has anyone out there had anything to do with hood insulation pad made by Millenium Industries ?

it is made in the USA - just wondering about the quality - it is very well priced

thankyou - Murray Mules

TJ Hopland

Got a website for these?   Millennium industries is a popular name,  I looked at a few dozen places and only one made any car parts.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Classic

Suggest you call:
Balleks Classic Car & Truck Parts
57 Fritz Rd
Smyrna, DE 19977
(302) 492-8583
If they don't have it, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

Classic

Another question:  Are the pads Press Molded Rubber or Die Cut Fiberglass?
Gene Menne
CLC #474

Chuck Swanson

Used them for my 67 Nova, restored 5 yrs ago.  Still holding up well.   Not sure about the Caddy ones, but the Nova ones were nice and fit well.  Chaz
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

1969cadillac

Quote from: Chaz Swansen on July 10, 2011, 10:50:06 PM
Used them for my 67 Nova, restored 5 yrs ago.  Still holding up well.   Not sure about the Caddy ones, but the Nova ones were nice and fit well.  Chaz

hello - thanks - i notice that you have a 69 caddy limo - wouldnt mind seeing some pics if possible?? pls email to murray.mulesemail addresses not permitted

1969cadillac

Quote from: Classic on July 10, 2011, 09:57:53 PM
Another question:  Are the pads Press Molded Rubber or Die Cut Fiberglass?
hello - appears to be press molded rubber - is that ok to use ? the original appears to be die cut fiberglass - mine still has the original one on it - but it is starting to come apart !

Classic

I believe these pads are for noise reduction.  They help reduce noise a little.  Cheaper cars don't use them.  If you have the remnants of fiberglass, then that's most likely what your car had when new.  If you are concerned about authenticity, then you should use fiberglass.  Otherwise, use the molded rubber or nothing at all.
Looks like OPGI has the hood pad:
http://www.opgi.com/p/weatherstripping-seals/17139/236/CE00519.html
Suggest you give them a call.
Gene Menne
CLC #474