News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 eldorado mpfi 350 olds problems

Started by 1of532, July 19, 2011, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1of532

I have a 79 eldo with the 350 olds enginei have been driving it daily after a 8 or so year parking. Ive been smelling gas and i noticed the second fuel injector on the drivers side toward front is loose and leaking gas. . Can i still get parts for this. How does that injector come out?. Its loose and moves from side to side easy. the rest are tight. Is it screwed in? Any help will be appreciated as im afraid the car might catch on fire . Paul
Paul Lauricella
1949 cadillac S&S knickerbocker hearse
1956 cadillac coupe deville

bcroe

Those injectors run up to 40 psi.  If its original, you are way overdue to pull the injectors & replace all the gaskets.  Otherwise the car will be just one more that caught fire from a gas leak.  While you are at it, pull that aluminum intake and clean up any coolant corrosion (and the EGR passages).  My 79 Eldo was seeping a dozen years ago, almost corroded through.  I put on a 76-77 Seville iron intake with the bigger throttle body, no more problems.  And a 403 engine, retuned the ECU for more fuel.  Some info on my 79 Eldo is on varied sub albums of PHOTOBUCKET.  Bruce Roe

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/bcroe/

(that is a lower case "L"71, not an upper case "i"71)

click on a Sub-Album
  click on a picture to enlarge + explanation