News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac fans: we have a great friend in Hungary

Started by veesixteen, July 23, 2011, 06:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

Gita and I returned last night from a short week's vacation in Hungary (mainly Budapest and the surrounding areas). We were received “like royalty” by CLC member Gergely (aka “Greg”) Szentmartony and all his friends in the Cadillac Club of Hungary. As we shall still be in Europe, in August, we would like to invite all CLC members attending the 2011 GN in Ohio to try to meet him  and  his “cutie pie”, 16-year-old daughter, Alayna.  As I mentioned in a separate note to Ron Schweitzer, we would be most grateful if GN attendees could extend to them a very warm welcome. This will be their FIRST visit to the USA and, of course, to the GN. Please try to make it a memorable visit.  He, like me, is "Cadillac Krazy; we can vouch that if you make it over to Hungary, one day,  YOUR trip will be made equally memorable by Greg, his family and Cadillac friends over there.  Thanks all.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

veesixteen

Of particular note:  Hungary boasts not just ONE but THREE (so far) Eldorado Broughams of the first generation (1957-58) !!!

EAM 17806

That's wonderful the cordial relationship you have developed with our Hungarian friends and CLC members. If any of our members get to the GN this year I'm sure they'll make them feel most welcomed. Enjoy your friendship!  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Gergely Szentmartony 25603

It was my pleasure to meet Gita and Yann in Hungary.

We (with my daughter, Alina) are really looking forward to meeting all of you during the GN this year.
I am going to take thousands of photos on Cadillacs there.
I would like to learn a lot from CLC members there.
I would like to enjoy the Cadillac atmosphere there.

I can't wait to be there.
"Brougham - For all the reasons you have ever wanted a Cadillac"

www.cadillaclasalle.hu

David King (kz78hy)

Gergely,

I should be there sometime Aug. 9,  depending how many issues I have during the drive.  My ugly Brougham is the car being driven, so I want to meet you for sure as I have some photos of some of the Hungary Brougham's before they got there.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Gergely Szentmartony 25603

David,

Excellent. I would love to see those photos.
Most probably, we will arrive late evening/night to the hotel on 9th Aug.

I am not going to sleep during these four days at all. I would like to enjoy every minute of this GN. So, if you see a strange guy talking with strange accent and wearing huge deep circles around his eyes, well, that's me.  :)
"Brougham - For all the reasons you have ever wanted a Cadillac"

www.cadillaclasalle.hu

Jay Friedman

Gergely,

I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday and hope to meet you, too.  You may remember a couple of years ago I sent you some Cadillac parts via South Carolina. 

Jay Friedman 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

veesixteen

A friendly and far from fearsome foursome, pictured last week in Budapest, Hungary.
From L-R: Greg (“Mr. Cadillac” of Hungary â€" look for him in Columbus, next month), Yann (“Mr. Cadillac” of Switzerland & S. Carolina), Andrew (“Mr. Buick” of Hungary) and Frank (“Mr. Eldorado Brougham” of Hungary) owner of the black beauty behind us !

veesixteen

I could not pass this up. We are in Budapest's "Cadillac Cafe". Dinner is served in the rear compartment of a late 90's (?) stretched Cadillac limousine.
As Gita and I had a big lunch, we decided to share the dinner entree: one half of a breaded, sauted "schnitzel" each, with two sides (sauted potato wedges and cheese).
As you will see, there is enough food there for four hungry adults!  (sorry for the poor picture).

The Tassie Devil(le)

Boy, I have got to get to that place.   As soon as I get off the boat.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Roger Zimmermann

Beurk! It's not for me...When I see a plate full of food, I cannot eat anymore...

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101