News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 lasalle fuel line

Started by Ben Medlock, July 25, 2011, 08:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Medlock

I need to replace fuel line on a 40- 5019 Lasalle. Spoke to the guys at Classic Car Tube and they tell me they have a pattern simply for a 1940 Lasalle. They don't know what model it fits or if there are any differences in models. I would assume different wheel bases would take different lines--- Anyone know or has anyone ever bought from this vendor for a 40 5019?

Jim Beard

I had them reproduce the parking brake cables and all the brake lines for my 1940 LaSalle series 50 convertible. They were good to deal with and the product was very nice. The fuel line for my car is one piece from the front to the back so it is very long and not able to be shipped. The one they make will likely be 2 pieces so they can ship it. Do you still have your original? If so most mechanics should be able to bend you a new line just like yours and you can do that locally.

Ben Medlock

Never had the original. Someone had just run a copper tube randomly under frame in past. Brad Ipsen and Fred P sent me some pics a while back to fabricate my own line. I bought some tubing  and  a bender but found it quite tough to make bends correct and just right. It will work but looks kinda sloppy. A machine bent tube would just look better to me.

Jeff Maltby 4194

My new fuel line from Inline Tube came semi coiled. It straightened out nicely.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

R Sotardi #11719

Jeff, I'm curious, when you sy it came coiled, does that mean to say that a tube bender is not necessary to bend the line around obstructions? Is it still possible to use a small piece of "rubber"fuel line and clamp to connect it to another steel line or hose nipple? Ron

Jeff Maltby 4194

R. It came shaped like a paper clip with the proper bends in it, as it's too long to ship anyway else. I bought tubing from napa to do my own, then took it back and bought them from Inline Tube.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500