News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Le Baron Bonney

Started by pauldridge, July 26, 2011, 07:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauldridge

Has anyone had experience with upholstery kits from this company?  Did you install yourself?
Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

Andrew Armitage

My father used them about 15 or 16 years ago for upholstery for a couple 50's Buicks.  He had a professional upholstery shop install the kits.  The interiors looked identical to the original interiors that were replaced.  The patterned fabric was spot on.
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

R Sotardi #11719

Purchased material for my 31 Ford 18 years ago. Some I installed, some was farmed out. Top quality. Interesting story. Before my relo to Az from NY in 1992, One of the clubs that I belonged took a tour of the factory in Amesbury, Mass. Our tour guide was Lee(Lebaron) Atherton. The factory was stated in 1937 as a furniture plant on the old foreclosed site of Biddle & Smart Co. They built custom auto and carriage bodies, most known for custom Hudson models. Lee, now deceased, was a real gentleman, and a Model A Ford enthusiast, which is why he started the resoration business. The name Bonney was after his daughter, therefore, LeBaron -Bonney. Since then L-B was either merged or purchased with Hampton Coach, noted for, but not exclusive to, Buick and Chevy. Was a good company to deal with.

Don Boshara #594

I installed kits, (seats, headliner, doors, carpet, trunk) from Hampton Coach (same company) in my 40 60S. Stitching matched original & everything fit perfectly. Had some previous experience in furniture re-upholstery.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

bobnixon

I used a Hamton Coach interior in my 39 Sixty Special. I had an upholstery shop install my complete interior. Cost I believe to install $1700 five years ago?  I discussed the interior with him prior to starting restoration. He said a kit from Hampton was a good route to go. It is a terrific job & looks just like the original. I am very pleased with it. New seats, headliner, door panels, visors etc, . The trunk I did my self with help from a friend  who assisted me on the complete restoration.
Bob Nixon

R Schroeder

I bought a Hampton Coach interior years ago. I installed it myself and it was beautiful.
Great quality.
Roy