News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1924 V63

Started by Michael Barnes, August 01, 2011, 12:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Barnes

I was looking at a fine 7-seater touring. Couple issues: there is a loose plate (I found it in the manual) that was probably once on the dash somewhere, that gives an engine number as 416818. This number does not look like a V63 engine number. Could the plate be from some different Cadillac model? On the engine crankcase there is a proper looking engine number: 63A 1183. Should the number on the dash match the number on the block? Second issue: doors close but do not fit snug. Every door is out about half an inch, some just at bottom, others more general. Is this due to wood frame sagging? What is the fix? Thanks, Mike Barnes, Canada

Michael Barnes

Here's a pic of the loose plate, presumably was somewhere on the car before, or perhaps another car.

Glen

I wonder if this is off a different car. 

I would guess this would be on the firewall in the engine compartment. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Michael Barnes

Dear Wm Link: Would it be possible for you to send me a photo of your plate on the firewall? That way, next time I view the car, I can at least look for the holes where the plate ought to be. Many thanks, and to others who have contributed, Mike Barnes, email mjbarnes@telus.net.