News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

power steering reservoir gasket

Started by barkinchevy, August 04, 2011, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkinchevy

I'm looking to replace my old gasket that fits between the reservoir and the lid on '55 Cadillac's power steering reservoir.  It is leaking fluid out the top and drips all over my valve cover and exhaust manifold.  I cannot locate one without buying a whole rebuild kit.  Any thoughts on where to purchase just this one gasket?

J. Gomez

Quote from: barkinchevy on August 04, 2011, 12:52:22 PM
I'm looking to replace my old gasket that fits between the reservoir and the lid on '55 Cadillac's power steering reservoir.  It is leaking fluid out the top and drips all over my valve cover and exhaust manifold.  I cannot locate one without buying a whole rebuild kit.  Any thoughts on where to purchase just this one gasket?

If you want esthetically correct color (black) for the gasket you could buy a 1/16” sheet of rubber from Metro Moulded Parts and make one, or you could get a rubber sheet from Lowes (red) pluming section for a few $ and make one.

I try attaching a template that you can use as a guide several times but it did not post, sorry.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082