News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

-51 Cadillac superior hearse

Started by Matti, August 14, 2011, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

Hi I own-51 cadillac superior hearse.Engine is orginal numbers match 331. The problem
is colour. it is painted green..not blue painting is an old and seems to orginal. whether it be the orginal?. I thought that all 331 are blue. tell me if you know .thanks M Niemi

Jeff Maltby 4194

All cad engines were painted blue since 49-50's-60's. Flatheads were green.

I sold my 51 superior hearse 2 years ago. I'll look for the pictures to post here.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Philippe M. Ruel

At first reading, I understood that this hearse was painted green... a military hearse ? ;D
1952 60 Special in France.

Jeff Maltby 4194

Here's my 51 Superior ~:<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Warren Rauch #4286

Does the number match from the engine to the serial number? If for some reason the factory engine was replaced by a rebuilders rebuilt engine it could be most any color. Steam cleaning at some point is another reason for a repaint. I'd repaint it blue and not worry. Warren

Matti

Thank you all from your feedback

We already knew that the 331 engines are painted in Cadillac Blue, but I thought that the commercial engine could be different, `cause the engine colour seemed to be so original. (Philippe: Yes, the car was actually green in the first place ;D )

In the end, we painted the engine to Cadillac Blue- colour. Thanks for you all and thanks for Jeffs pictures from his old hearse.

Here`s some pictures from the engine. What it was and what it is now: