News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 gas tank for series 62 cdv who makes the best?

Started by John Maglia CLC#23063, August 14, 2011, 01:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Maglia CLC#23063

Does anyone have experience with buying a new gas tank for a 1957 series 62 cdv? (Who makes a good one and who doesn't.) Someone had posted a note on the forum regarding these gas tanks but I can't seem to find it. There are a couple of companies selling them on eBay but I'm not sure if they come from the same manufacturer.

Any direction or recommendation you can offer is greatly appreciated. We are entering the 9th inning of a costly frame up resto on my car and will soon be posting pics.

Thanks

John Maglia
John Maglia

Jeff Maltby 4194

I would imagine the same company is making them all, probably in china ? Buddy bought one for his 50 cad and is happy with it from the Minn vendor. We're lucky to even find a new one.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=1957+cadillac+gas+tank&_sacat=&_odkw=1957+gas+tank&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313 
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Peter Nieuwlandt

I got one from Caddy Daddy and was very happy with it ! Although it was drop shipped ,so it should come from only one supplier I guess.
The tank fitted perfect on my conv with all connections tigth and no leaks first time out.

Peter
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

John Maglia CLC#23063

Peter and Jeff:

Many thanks for your feedback. I am going to give Caddy Daddy a shot.

Peter, can you tell me how the filler neck is attached? Do I need to solder my old one to the new tank?

Thanks

John
John Maglia