News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 hydra-matic parts

Started by kkarrer, August 15, 2011, 10:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello out there!  I'm restoring a 1941 62 coupe with hydra-matic and I've found that the parking pawl is worn and the return spring is broken.  Can anyone suggest a sourc for parts?  Gene Berck at Hydra-matic Restorations is doing the work.  I'm sure I'll have more questions for you all later.  I'll be doing a frame-off of this car as soon as he's finished with the transmission.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer (Austin, Texas) 512-626-7268 cell

Andrew Armitage

You can try All Cadillacs of the 40's and 50's.  www.allcads.com  (702) 454-1147 

Also, check this old thread for more places...
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/technical-authenticity/where-do-you-go-for-parts/
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

murph

ive just rebuilt the hydramatic in my 41 fleetwood and found  fatsco in new jersey very good ,,,,     alan murphy in england
ALAN MURPHY  CLC MEMBER IN ENGLAND

Jay Friedman

Another excellent source is Northwest Transmission Parts in Ohio.  They have an internet web site.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

kkarrer

I've tried Fatscos, Northwest, All Cads, and I looked over the list of vendors from the "where do you go for cadillac parts" list that's been featured in Hemmings a couple of times.  I've also tried Transmatic, Auto matic Kings, and All Matic with no luck so far.  I mention these because they have some parts that may help someone else.  I may just have to go with a 46-48 hydra-matic.  I've been told they will bolt right up as long as everything between the tranny and the engine is changed out.  Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks,
Ken

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Ken: Go to the top of this page and click on the search mode. Then type in 41 transmission replacement. There will be a posting by Doug Houston which will tell you what you need for replacing the 41 transmission. An excellent source for your questions.  If you can`t find the posting, please let me know and I will email you a copy.        Bill Ingler