News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Grille Badge

Started by Mr cadillac, August 15, 2011, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr cadillac

Hello All!  New to the forum not new to the club. :) HELP I purchased a new grille badge for my 1977 Coupe deVille @ the Grand National. Got home and the screw on the back is not long enough to go through the grille and attach using the screw. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to attach to a 1977 grille? Especially those that have a 77 and have installed one. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. All of the cars @ the Grand National were winners there were some real beauties there. Thanks Norman Jenney
Norman Jenney......Mr Cadillac

Pat Caruso CLC #17825

Norman,
I had the same problem with my '75 Sedan deVille.  Its a very easy fix.  You are going to "extend" the threaded rod on the back.

Go to the hardware store.  They sell a piece that looks like a small cyclinder, about 1" long, that is threaded on the inside.  It is nothing more than a coupling.  Screw it to badge rod, so it goes in about 1/2".  The hardware store should also sell "all thread" rod.  Get a piece about 4" long - or however long you need to make it work.  You might want to get the all thread a little longer (say 6") in case you need to trim in down.  Screw the all thread in to the other end of the cylinder/coupling.  You have now extended the threaded rod on the back of the badge.

BRING THE BADGE WITH YOU TO THE HARDWARE STORE to make sure everything fits together.

It might take a little trimming to get the system to work with the big washer/wing nut, etc...but it should work.  My badge has stayed put since 2000!

Good Luck,
Pat
Webmaster - Raritan River Region CLC   http://www.rrrclc.org
Webmaster - Valley Forge Region CLC   http://www.vfrclc.org

1975 Cadillac Sedan deVille

veesixteen

Just for info and clarification, I have been known by the alias "Mr Cadillac" since May 1972, when I was given that apt (?) nom-de-plume by the members of Geneva's "Miniature Automobile Club" because, at the time, although I could boast of owning two collectible Cadillacs, I had only TWO shirts to my name!

I have used that alias since I joined the CLC the same year and you will see that it is featured in my "Signature" form, below, with my other alias, "Veesixteen".

I have no objection to your adopting "Mr cadillac" as your own CLC alias, provided that you would kindly add the suffixes "II" or "2", so there is no possible confusion among Forum users between the "old" and the "new" one.

Thanks.

Signature:
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler [and former keeper] of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "Veesixteen", aka "MrCadillac"
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"