News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957/58 Eldorado Broughams at the GN?

Started by Ross Morgan #22943, August 16, 2011, 04:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Morgan #22943

Well, I've see a few photos of the GN and I'm hoping to see a lot more!  (It looked like the weather was favourable as well).

I believe there were several 57/58 Broughams at the Nationals, including the Dakota Red car?  David, did your '58 EB get there without any problems?!  Did you get to Columbus, refreshed because of the air ride suspension?  :)

Regards, Ross.

okccadman

Ross,  We had 5 in total with a 6th stuck at the exhaust shop.  I will send you some pics.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

David King (kz78hy)

Hi Ross,

Yes I made the trip and my only problem was getting trapped in a rural area without a fuel station and I ran out.  My wife was following me in the Denali full of parts and she went and got me a couple of gallons of fuel.  The air ride worked very well.

Attached is a composite shot (thanks Clay) of all 5 cars side by side on Friday afternoon.  It was really cool to be able to get the cars parked in the same area of spaces.  They were only like that for about a hour and a half.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

INTMD8

Roger Zimmermann

Nice picture, not even a black Brougham among the 5!

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101