News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cooper's Vintage out of business?

Started by Andrew Pullin, August 17, 2011, 07:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Pullin

Hey folks, I was just curious if anyone knew if Cooper's Vintage Auto Parts has gone out of business or not?
It looks like their web page isn't working, and their phone number redirects now to (818) 972 2642, but I haven't been able to get a person or an answering machine there.

I sure hope they're not!  :( It's going to be a pain to independently source head bolts, a rear trans seal, suspensions bumpers, fuel pump rebuild, and a modernized rear main seal ...
Andrew Pullin
1940 La Salle Superior hearse
http://andrewpull.in/hearse/

Chris Conklin

There was an earlier thread where someone mentioned they were having phone issues, perhaps that's why the calls are forwarding. Their move from Burbank seemed to really cause some problems in their operations. They didn't move very far though. I'm out of town, but if you still don't have an answer to this by Tuesday when I return I'll go check on them and report back to this thread.
Chris Conklin

Dave 58

Hi All,
I'm in So-Cal, I  saw and spoke with Bob Cooper about a week ago. He's in transition to a new location( Landlord issues) and will contact soon. There should be a referral on his phone, I will check. I will try to contact him at home this week and get current contact info.
Bob Cooper is a real treasure to our community, your prayers and well wishes I know would be appreciated.
Dave Broussard

Andrew Pullin

Andrew Pullin

Dave 58

Andrew,
What part of NorCal are you in? I saw the pics of the Hearse! Very Cool!
Dave

Jim Beard

Didn't he just move to the location he is in like a year ago? It must be a nightmare to move and catalog all those parts.

Dave 58

Bob did just move about a year ago! The new landlord would not live up to the agreement(Parking,etc). You're right, to move twice in less than two years is costing a fortune in money & health.
Dave B

m schantz

Cooper's is a great resource for car owners of the CLC. Besides Bob Cooper, there is a great guy who works for him, named Vince, who has been very helpful to me several times. I was redoing an Eldorado Biarritz and even if he didn't have the part, he would often suggest some other resource who might have it. That's service! Hope to see Bob an VInce back in business soon after the new move. Sending them good intentions and support.

Andrew Pullin

Dave: I'm in Berkeley, and the car is in Sacramento. Although, the car is possibly going to be moved to Berkeley soon, since the house with the workshop is being forclosed on. Bad times. There was just another thread that I started a while back to figure out exactly how low I could get the thing, so it'd fit inside my Berkeley garage that only has 77" of clearance!  :-\ I can rebuild a car in 140 sq ft of space, right?
Andrew Pullin

pauldridge

The website is gone also... the domain name is not even valid.  This would have absolutely nothing to do with a move, or computer down, or any other excuse I could think of.  Even if the website host was inaccessible, the actual domain name coopersvintage.com  should still be valid.

Something fishy indeed.

Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

Classic

Just talked to Bob Cooper.  Having lots of problems finding a suitable facility.  Has moved everything to his home.  Still very much in business.  Trying to get his website back up.  He can be reached at 818-972-2642.  Obviously parts are not organized and shipping will be slow.  Told him how much we all appreciated him!
Gene Menne
CLC #474

TMoore - NTCLC

Hi Gene -

I understand you have crossed path's with Bob Cooper.  I placed an order in June and haven't received anything, and haven't been able to contact them.  I have been trying the telephone number 3 or 4 times per day and never get an answer, and have sent several messages to the gmail.com address but haven't heard anything. 

I know you are not Bob's keeper, but if you talk to him,  please ask him if there are better ways to contact him.  I started tearing my front end down in anticipation of getting my parts, now I have a disabled car that I need to get back together.  If he suggests that I order from other suppliers, I fully understand, but if is is still interested getting my business, I just need to know how to follow-up.

Classic

I am not able to contact Bob Cooper either - phone just rings and rings.  I have emailed Dave Broussard to see if he knows any more (see his posts earlier in this thread).  Just coincidentally, I noticed that "coopersvintageauto" is selling items on eBay.  Wonder who is doing that?  Doubt it is Bob himself.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

36caddy

Hi CLC Forum,

Disapointing to hear that Coopers are not currently trading as usual. I am in Australia and have successfully used them to supply parts in the past for my 36-7513. They have been great to do business with.

Can someone advise the contact details of an alternate supplier for parts like;

original style spark plug leads and caps
spark plugs
distributor cap
rotor button
coil
etc?

Or, advise how to get in touch with Bob Cooper?

Many thanks
Beege Givens
36-7513
BJ

Andrew Pullin

I called that above number, and I was able to get in touch with him. As expected, he said that he still have stuff, but there'd be a latency of days to weeks for some parts.
Andrew Pullin

36caddy

Thanks Andrew  :)

I will try to get in touch with Bob on the number in this thread.

Cheers
Beege Givens
BJ

Classic

Cooper's new address:
Cooper's Vintage Auto, PO Box 10906, Burbank, CA 91510-0906
Phone # 818-972-2642 (keep trying)

Gene Menne
CLC #474

54cruzer

I tried them several times before(years ago), they took my number to check on parts and never called me back?