News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Grand National Pics ?

Started by Barry Norman, August 18, 2011, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Norman

Hoping someone either has or will post pictures from The Grand National for those of us who were unable to attend.
Barry Norman

Charlie Grafton

If you don't mind some bystander shots from a guy with a tiny little foreign car, here goes:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100883682205695.3116804.12400625&l=03ed15a0d9&type=1

Series75

Charlie,  Nice job!  Your great pictures add the "grand" perspective to some pretty cool and sharp Cadillacs.  Thank you.   Tom Pirog

Barry Norman

Thanks so much for sharing your photos !I really enjoyed them !
Barry Norman

62droptop

Charlie, thanks for posting
i think your Bimmer looks cool, i did see you slowly cruise by and park it
i went up to take a look
cool ride 8)
enjoy it

i see you liked my red 62 caddy too,you shot 3 pics of it ;D

70sCars

Dan LeBlanc

Thanks for sharing.  So many great cars, I wouldn't know where to start shooting.  I guess I'd have to bring a couple of memory cards for the camera.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

AHBrown

Quote from: Charlie Grafton on August 18, 2011, 04:39:45 PM
If you don't mind some bystander shots from a guy with a tiny little foreign car, here goes:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100883682205695.3116804.12400625&l=03ed15a0d9&type=1

Fantastic pictures!  Great that you were able to get so many without having people pose by the cars.

veesixteen

It was determined by a number of us, last week, that our hobby involved both Cadillac cars AND Cadillac people.
I agreed.
However, I did NOT assert that we should necessarily photgraph them TOGETHER ... unless the "people" in the photos were "stars" OR "personalities", and so adding some "value" to the documentary qualities of the car.
IMHO, we should concentrate 99% on photos of Cadillac-LaSalle cars and only occasionally include people, and especially NOT those people who are obviously striking a "pose" beside the car(s).
Whenever I can, I use PhotoShop to remove any spurious items that take away from the cars themselves (objects, dogs, people, etc.) 
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Eric S. Maypother #15104

My take on seeing old family pictures of relatives, some long gone before I was born would be too bad they didn't get a picture of there cars in the picture instead of trees or the side of the house.

My father use to say he had so many neat looking cars he wished he had pictures of them, sometimes taking pictures the cars were only a few feet away and he should of took a picture of car while he was at it or got it in the picture.

I see Yann's point to, you like to see the whole car, but sometimes I like to put the owners face with a car to.

So I think it's good to include cars in pictures of people but not necessarily people in pictures of cars.

At some shows with a lot of spectators it's near impossible to get a picture of a car without someone in the picture unless you want to stand there all day.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Quentin Hall

Oh please, I love Cadillacs and I love people.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Quentin Hall

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

62droptop

great shots Quinten
i too dont mind if people are in the pictures
helps with time line most of the time, like when you were little this is the car we had etc
if taking a picture specifically of the car that is different,but for most candid shots i dont mind seeing the people  in them too

here is a couple of my current favorites and a classic i love
first one is a little guy taking pics of the cadillacs up close, hopefully this little guy will become a car guy and be interested in our old cars when he gets older

second is my little guy with his hot rod with my caddy at a car show
last picture is of my dad,his 62 cadillac and his 64 bsa thunderbolt 650 taken in '66
other picture is me,my bike and my 62 cadillac taken in 2005 or so in exactly same location(still live in same house as i bought it from my mom after dad died)

62droptop

here is the last picture of my caddy and my dads