News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1994 Cadillac fleetwood engine information

Started by Aaron Hudacky, August 12, 2011, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Hudacky

1994 was the first year for the LT1 in the Fleetwood, and it was the only engine offered in that model. In 1997 I worked in a Cadillac service dept, and we never had an LT1 present with major issues. The only frequent Fleetwood problem I saw at that time was body build quality issues like peeling or loose chrome trim, but nothing major.  The LT1s are powerful, quiet and durable.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

cadillactim

The Brougham is a trim package.  Has the vinyl roof, and some other upgrades like heated seats.
Tim Groves

TJ Hopland

The LT1 was a 100,000 'tune up' engine.    That tune was about a $1200 project for a dealer around 03 when many of these things were getting to that 100K mark.   There were a lot of those type of cars for sale in need of that tune up.  I had one for a while and it seemed to be a constant money drain vs. the 92 I had.  I ended up trading it for a 93 that still had the 'old' 350 in it.  Sure it had a little more power but I got slightly better MPG with the older one and I like a $10 distributor cap and $20 water pump.  The 90-93's were basically the truck engines so parts are very easy to find for those.  The 94-96 was only used in RWD cars.  There is some support for them because of the F bodies (camero, firebird) and the few Impala SS's.  There are now aftermarket distributors available much cheaper than they were back in the day.   I think the water pumps are still over $200. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Don Rundgren

I have owned 4 LT-1 powered GM big cars over the years, one Caprice 9C1, one Impala SS, one Buick Roadmaster, and one Cadillac Brougham, all bought used. I think the LT-1 was one of the best engines ever for a big car, although today's LS engine family is better. All of those cars were driven hard and a couple had high mileage but they never needed any internal repair, got decent mileage on regular gas, and were very emissions friendly. TJ is right about having to bite the bullet on some service items such as the water pump, Optispark, and EGR valve but if you did your preventive maintenance and used OEM parts you had little to worry about. I still say my 95 Caprice ex-Texas DPS car was the best beater EVER!
Don
McKinney, Texas

oldcarnut48

I own a 95 Roadmaster with over 200,000 miles .I had to replace the trans,but,other than normal maintenance it is the best driver I have ever had. I used Mobil one since birth.These are GREAT road cars.When we go a trip my wife prefers it to her Escalade.