News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Short prayers and kind thoughts requested.

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, August 18, 2011, 07:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just picked up the phone just now to find it was my 16 year old granddaughter on the phone. "Can I speak to Gran'ma?"

Turns out Bethy wants Gran'ma to take her out driving for awhile...

It was bad enough yesterday when my oldest granddaughter started college a hundred miles from her home, plus her older brother just gave his girl her ring before he took off for his third year of college the other day.

Well, we love the young lady and her family, so that's no problem. Alyssa is quite grown up now, and a much better driver than her brother. (They go to the same university.) So she's going to be OK, too.

My wife is a fine driver, and has already put the first scratches on her Lucerne, so THAT'S OK. So why do I have this tense feeling all over?

Everything seems to happen at once, it seems, and the days just zoom by. Was it just last week that we went to the GN?
Getting old is something else!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Greg Powers

Barry - I would be glad to add your family to my list. I remember many of my Cadillac friends in my daily prayers. Sometimes it's those little prayers that help to keep us going. Knowing some one is praying for and with you always gives you an added sense of comfort. Personally I've survived what could have been three fatal auto accidents but by the grace of God I'm still here. All my best - Greg
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Barry, I know what you mean, I just walked my daughter down the aisle last weekend at her wedding...seems like just yesterday she was learning to ride a bicycle.....where does the time go.    I think it was a good (God) type of test, to miss the Grand National....family before hobby.  We had such a great time, wonderful memories.  I will see you, hopefully, in Florida at 2012 GN.  Amen !         Tim Pawl

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Last night, we had dropped one of Beth's friends off who lives close by to her after the football game. We went around the block the backwards way, and I had the thought, seeing the end of the sidewalk that leads down the side of my daughter's home, of how long a trip that was on a trike fifteen years or so ago for the grand kids...

Tim, we missed you, and best wishes to your daughter on her new life.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

AHBrown

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: AHBrown on August 20, 2011, 01:34:19 PM
Separation of church and club maybe?

First you protest a gentleman posting a picture of an Eldorado because he is in it, now this?  I've got to ask, what's your problem?  If you don't like the thread, don't read it.  Simple.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Jeff Wilk

AMEN to that.....and God Bless to all regardless of differing views.    :)
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Stinson

I thought this was the land of "In God we trust" and "The whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God" and "....one nation under God with justice and liberty for all."
Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330

Dan LeBlanc

I couldn't agree with you more, Ty even if I'm Canadian!
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Stinson

Thank you.........and we love Canada also.
Stinsons
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

AHBrown

Quote from: Stinson on August 20, 2011, 09:46:46 PM
I thought this was the land of "In God we trust" and "The whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God" and "....one nation under God with justice and liberty for all."
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

......and there are those among us, that are atheists, and don't care to hear religious posts  I would also suggest that "The cars", not the owners, are the purpose of this website.  While we are on the subject of "freedom", do I not have the freedom to make my posts, even if they might seem to be unpopular?

Stinson

Hello Mr. Brown,
You have the right to believe or not believe what ever you wish. But, as far as I'm concerned, you do not have the right to tell me where I can express my religion because my country is founded on a right to pray to God as I wish.
Now we can talk about cars if you wish.
Ty Stinson
CLC22330 
Ty Stinson
CLC22330