News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

65 LaSalle tail light

Started by rickflag@sbcglobal.net, August 20, 2011, 05:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickflag@sbcglobal.net

Help, I'm new to the club.

Just got my hands on a 65 LaSalle. I thought replacing the tail light would be a no brainer but I can't figure this out.  In reading about this with different years, it sounds like I need to get my hands behind the bumper and loosen a phillips screw.  The problem is I don't see a screw and it looks like a lock nut holds the assembly together.  I have no idea how this would hold the light in place.  I'm afraid to start attacking this and causing further damage when a simple solution might be out there.

I appreciate anyones assistance.

veesixteen

A '65 LaSalle?  I though production ended with the 1940 models.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

John Barry [CLC17027]

Looks like a vehicle managed to pass through a space/time discontinuity from an alternate universe (he said, tongue firmly in cheek).  That's an odd year even for a would-be LaSalle revival: as far as I know, there were attempted LaSalle revivals in '55, '63, and '75½ (the last, I believe, becoming the Seville).
John Barry (CLC 17027)
Now-retired editor/Publisher of the Valley Forge Region newsletter, The Goddess
1940 La Salle series 50 four door sedan

AHBrown

Are the responses to the poster an example of fellowship and helpfulness?  Isn't the club all about helping other Cadillac enthusiasts?  Seems to me that the 2 replies could have been less sarcastic and more helpful.  Sure most of us know that GM ceased production of the LaSalle in 1940, but obviously this person doesn't know that.

After politely informing that there is no '65 LaSalle, I would ask him why he thinks he has one.  I would then proceed to find out EXACTLY what year Cadillac he has.

quadfins

Hi Rickflag...
   Regrettably, there was no 1965 LaSalle. I presume there was a typo in your post. Can you describe the car or give us other hints, so that we might identify it, and help you out. A pic would be most helpful.

Most of us here will be more than happy to assist, given enough information.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

C.R. Patton II

Hello Rick

Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome to the Cadillac LaSalle Club. I would like to assist you. Please select an option you are comfortable with.

(1) Post a picture of the rear end of LaSalle emphasizing the tailight area.
(2) Post the year and model of your vehicle for directions.
(3) Call me collect (313)804-0276

We are here to help you.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.