News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

late 40's early 50's Hearse???

Started by Jeff Wilk, August 20, 2011, 08:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Anybody have an interest in such a vehicle????  I passed one yesterday on Highway 13 driving down the Eastern Shore of VA and saw it sitting out in weeds....doors open.....windows cracked.....with curtains hanging.....did not stop to look.  Going back that way tomorrow and Tuesday and maybe could get a picture and exact location if anyone is interested.......
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Aaron Hudacky

Jeff,

I can't buy one right now, but I always love seeing them. It would fit well in the "Barn finds and forgotten Cadillacs and LaSalles" thread.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

Jeff Wilk

Here is the photo from my trip again on Tuesday.  Highway 13 in Cape Charles, VA

Jeff

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

Andrew Pullin

I want that thing so god dammed bad. Although, I can't quite tell how bad it is from the pictures. And I'd have no where to put it.

Man, I really need to buy some land.
Andrew Pullin
1940 La Salle Superior hearse
http://andrewpull.in/hearse/

Jeff Wilk

Here is the contact information if anyone wants to inquire about the vehicles condition, price, storage, etc.....

Eastern Shore Recycling LLC
24206 Lankford Hwy (Hgwy 13)
Cape Charles, VA 23310
(757) 331-1828     

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

Jeff Maltby 4194

Looks like a 54-55 to me ?  Front fender is a mess-missing hood etc. Hope someone saves it.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

HearseGuy59

Hi all. I live about 5 miles from this once gorgeous hearse. I myself have a few hearses and other cadillacs. Unfortunatly this beautiful 1954 Meteor limo style hearse is to far gone. She was in a barn when scrappers found her. They took the bucket of a backhoe, crushed through the roof and windshield, grabbed the car by the dash and pulled her out. She was then loaded into a dump truck, and taken to her current location. I am casual friends with the owner, who's father bought it brand new. He said he didn't think id want to bother restoring it, so he got 460 dollars scrap. She had 26,000 original miles, and was in service until 1967. I also have pictures taken a few years back when it was, "awaiting restoration". Yea right.

Curreny condition is sad roof skin is rotted all the way around the drip rail. Rollers are salvagable. Most glass is good as well. I am talkin with owner of the salvage yard about a price for glass and other usable bits. I have already pulled a few parts off.

Well there's a little information on thia car. I also have detailes pics of its curreny state if anyone is interested.

Cheers. Paul.

Jay Friedman

Is there a motor or any other running gear or mechanical parts?
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

HearseGuy59

Yes. It does have its 331 and automatic intact, minus the batwing aircleaner  ;) it has very low miles. Not sure of its running codition, but yes it is very complete, but has been exposed to the elements, without hood, for a long time. This car was parked in a brn, after picking up a body in 1967. It sat in that very spot until may of 2011. Untouched. Whats left is complete. Such a sad storu. I pass her daily, and it kills me to see her here's a shot of the front:

Two days after she was delivered to the scrap yard.

Jeff Wilk

WOW....having been the guy who started this thread based on two fast "drive by's"  I feel kind of bad posting the picture I did.  Hope I did not get any hopes up tooooooo much.  It's amazing how you cant see the roof damage from the road the way it is parked and how the weeds growing up around it now hide the fender issues.  It actually looks like they may have bent back some of the sheet metal to make it have more "CURB APPEAL"!!!!!  Oh well, the geography of the Eastern Shore is still a beautiful drive for those who are interested and still pass it up.  I'd move there in a heart beat if I could........Jeff

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

Andrew Pullin

You got my hopes way too up! I'd say that that thing was un-saveable ... Oh well, I'll have to look elsewhere to fulfill my plans of owning a hearse from every decade ...

Although, I certainly hope that whoever owns the yard strips (stripped?) out all the good parts (trim, hinges, coffin rollers, etc) before putting it in the crusher.
Andrew Pullin

HearseGuy59

Yea, the pics are decieving. My second shot of the rear makes the car look very savable. Yes she is way far gone. I gave the owner a piece of my mind. Kinda made him mad but this car should have been saved. Car is still sitting. I'm still thinking of getting all the glass and usable parts. Someone may need it someday. She would have been a nice addition to my other hearses and cadillacs. There's a few other hearses lurking in the area tho. Including a 59.

If anyone should need a part off this car, feel free to email me @ cnpperformanceemail addresses not permitted I can inspect, pull, and ship ;)

Andrew Pullin

Andrew Pullin

HearseGuy59

There's a couple. However I am reluctant to reveal location as I am a hearse collector after all. One is a 59. A verified, personally viewed 59. Not the 64 that some one tells you is a 59 haha! A and a couple 60's-mid 70's as well.

C.R. Patton II

The moral to this story boys and girls? Fools rush in where wisemen tread lightly.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

HearseGuy59