News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for a good indoor car cover

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, August 25, 2011, 06:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
    Can any body recommend a good soft cotton type car cover for indoor use . something that can folds up into a nice small bag . i am looking for something that will just protect my car indoors, just to keep the dust and any dirt that might came from the carage door opener .  . some of these car car covers take up so much room you need a  extra large box just to store them .
  Thanks  Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

AHBrown

I have always questioned the validity of covering a car that is stored inside.  Now I hear paint wearing off at the points of fins!  It just seems to me that with a car that is kept inside, a cover really isn't that necessary.  With a minimum of car, using a duster, waxes and detailer sprays, the paint should last indefinitely, not to mention the chance to make close personal contact with one's pride and joy.  I always experience a rejuvenation when I perform maintenance on the paint and body of my car.

Glen

I like California Car Cover; they have a good selection of car covers for all situations. 

http://calcarcover.com/cover_find.aspx
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

R Sotardi #11719

Why don't you get some queen or king size cotten bed sheets. Maybe you could hit up your wife( or lover) for some old ones. And, she has an excuse  to go to Bed Bath and Beyond. I have used these for 25 years  and they are easy to remove and put on my '50 6219.

Bill Balkie 24172

Thanks ,
   To everyone that gave there opinion , I think Glen's idea sounds the best to me , and Steven makes a great point why cover it at all  if it's inside . The only thing that concerns me is the grease  and dirt falling from my automatic Gargage door opener, if any ? . i am going with the Bed Sheets. easy on easy off and easy to store .  i like easy .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS