News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

bullet used in gas tank of 1954 Cadillac

Started by hearn, August 26, 2011, 10:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hearn

Does anyone have a NOS "bullet" that goes in the gas line at the tank between the pickup tube and gas line?  If not, can anyone tell me the exact dimensions (primarily the exact shape of the noses) so I can make one?  I lost mine a long time ago but found a little fitting with a beveled nose on each end.  It has worked fine maybe up until now.  I am having problems with the gas (even with full tank) not coming out of the gas line.  I understand if the "bullet" leaks air, i can lose the vacuum on the gas.  Thanks for any assistance on this.  Jim in Folsom, CA

phildeville@cox.net

Jim,
Awhile back, Jeff Maltby had made a bunch of these & was selling the leftovers........cheap!
You might consider joining the "Cadill-Ikes" Chapter for help with your '54.

Phil
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jim. Check out my link in the buy/sell section under:

1949-58 "Exact Reproduction" fuel rail to tank bronze bushings.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

hearn

Great Jeff.  I sent you a PM.  I think that will take care of my problem.  Jim