News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Nautilus Blue

Started by Dan LeBlanc, August 28, 2011, 12:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan LeBlanc

Does anyone have a picture to share of a confirmed Nautilus Blue 1961 Cadillac?  I'm finding conflicting shades of the colour on my car and want to see a picture of one before I decide on going the Nautilus Blue route or another shade.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Dan LeBlanc

Hi Steven

My cowl and firewall have been painted before, unfortunately.  There is some paint from the subsequent paint job peeling on the fuel door and in the fender skirt area that is a completely different colour, plus I also found some remnants of paint over the seam sealer under the dealer applied undercoat in the rear wheel well  that is a different colour yet again.

I'm likely going to break down and buy a set of colour chips.  I see them on eBay often enough.

The only paint manufactuer I have found that still has the formula for the colour is R-M.  Sikkens used to have it, but since Autcryl has been discontinued, I can't go that route either as they haven't updated it for their new base/clear.  The only one I haven't tried is PPG.
Dan LeBlanc

RobW

What line does RM have it in? It would have been alpha-cryl but I'm pretty sure RM dropped that years ago.
Rob Wirsing

Dan LeBlanc

I found the formulas in Onyx and Diamont.
Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

For anyone interested in looking up a formula you can bring to your R-M paint guys, you can look it up here:

http://colorexplorer.rmpaint.com/m1frameset.php

Once you find your colour, you can print out the mix sheet for the quantity you're looking for.
Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

This is what the tool will give you:

Dan LeBlanc