News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1942 Capone Cadillac - Matthew Gardner query.

Started by veesixteen, August 31, 2011, 01:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

Hi Matthew. I tried unsuccessfully to reply directly to your query, notified to me by the "Cadillac & LaSalle Club Message Forum webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org via xterra.websitewelcome.com to me".  Perhaps I missed something?

I'm afraid  I can't really help with your query nor provide you with any additional information about that alleged Capone car.
It has been 20 years since I began (seriously) to compile information about Cadillac-LaSalle cars (actual or anecdotal), and 14 years since I created and put on-line the "Cadillac Database" to which you kindly refer. 

My information comes from thousands of different sources/people and (unfortunately) I would never have had the time to document each and every source or verify the authenticity/reality of every photo or snippet of information that has come my way.

Wherever you see question marks like this (?) on any given page, it usually means I don't have any additional information/facts/photos about the entry item; it was simply put out there to try to educe additional facts/information from other Cadillac aficionados who may have seen a similar reference in another source or context that I may have missed.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

1941-7523

Hi Mr. Cadillac,

I sent a reply to you before noticing this thread. I appreciate your response. I seem to be hitting one dead end after another, but I will keep at it. If I ever figure out this mystery I will be sure to get the information to you and anyone who is responsible for compiling and maintaining this area of history. Perhaps you might have a suggestion as to where I might be able to narrow down the number of Hydra-Matics that were put into the 7523 series? I have run into a dead end on this as well. If I could confirm that number I would be on a better track. However, it is my understanding that the only way to verify this is to go build sheet by build sheet and no one has ever tried to figure out this information. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated and I look forward to chatting with you again soon.

Thank you so much for all of your help,

Matthew Gardner

veesixteen

I wish I could help with your second query too.  Unfortunately I don't have the answers; all the information and "facts" you see in the Cadillac Database are the fruit of the labors of keen and competent Cadillac reseachers like Carl Steig, Ron Van Gelderen, Matt Larson, Roy Schneider and others who, at one time, got access to Cadillac Motor Car Division archives and microfiches. From what I understand, there is no longer any such (public or club) access to that information ... even if you physically had the time to go through it.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"