News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1948 Series 75 Help

Started by Mjpetrich, September 05, 2011, 05:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mjpetrich

I have heard that the the woodwork on the doors of the series 75 until at least 1947 had gold stripes. Does anyone know about the stripes or have pictures of the 1948 Series 75 interior? Also does anyone know what the DiNoc looked like on the dash of the 48? I read leather but would like to see photos if possible.
Thank you!

Jeff Hansen

Michael,

Only the 1941 series 75 interior belt mouldings had the horizontal gold striping.  I have a couple of photos of a 1948 series 75 interior I can email you this evening.  Sorry, I can't help you with the dash covering.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Mjpetrich

Warren Rauch #4286

I checked The 1948 Data book (salesman's guide book) . It states that the "garnish moldings are in straight grain walnut finish, and door finish panels are French burled walnut finish." The pictures ( one front compartment ,one rear)that are in the book may be artist renderings. But ,if you want a photo copy send me your address on the my messages part of this web site. Warren

Duane J Warren

Michael, there is an excellent photo of the door panel stripes on page 47 of Roy Schneider's book "Cadillacs Of The Forties". I refinished the wood on my 41 (stripes had been previously removed) and noticed that the stripes originally wraped around the back of the wood panels and are still visible on the back side to use as a guide for width and spacing. It looks like they may have been some type of a gold leaf transfer tape. I am not sure if there was any type of finish or sealer over the top of the stripes or not. I have not attempted to replace/duplicate these yet. The door panels should not be a difficult project because they are relatively short and straight, however, the stripes on the divider partition would have a difficult arch to follow the curve of the seat back.