News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anyone use products from Classic Exhaust Systems?

Started by Dan Koser, September 09, 2011, 11:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Koser

I just received my first copy of The Self-Starter, and saw the ad for Classic Exhaust. I'm needing to replace my exhaust system, and was wondering if anyone has used their products, and with what results.    Thanks,     Dan

Antoni Deighton

I recently received a muffler and resonator from Classic Exhaust. I have yet to install, but the quality looks good, and the price was fair. I have read good things about them on the forum and I look forward to hearing it after it's been installed.
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

Coupe

I bought the entire set up for my '57 from them 9 years ago. I opted for their stainless steel product. It was excellent quality and easy to install.
1957 Coupe de Ville
1962 Sedan de Ville (4 window)
1993 Allante
1938 Chevrolet Business Coupe (Sold)
1949 Jeepster VJ-2

RobW

Put a complete system on my 63 about 10 years ago from them fit fine. Bought a complete system for my 73 a few months ago but the studs on the exhaust manifold are worn so it hasn't gone on yet. But quality and price seem good.
Rob Wirsing

TJ Hopland

So these are OE style systems?     I have been getting custom systems made for my older stuff.  I have not looked lately but maybe 10 or so years ago it was cheaper to get stuff custom made than it was to get the actual replacement parts if they were even available.  Just wondering if that has changed and its less money to get the parts.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

jagbuxx #12944

Yes, OE style. have them fitted to my '61 since 1999 and installed on my '76 about 5 years ago.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Glen

I wonder if they have the correct muffler for the 68 ELDO.  Most of the systems I see advertised have a duel outlet muffler to convert to duel exhaust.  I want to retain the factory style exhaust.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104