News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 - What am I missing?

Started by Dan Koser, September 12, 2011, 11:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Koser

In trying to reinstall the ignition switch in the newly painted dash, it seems something is missing. I have the keyed switch and the bezel.....and I can't get this assembly tight on the dash. Is there something else that the switch itself sits in before fitting it through the dash to receive the bezel?  Thanks,    Dan

Dan Koser

I'll answer my own question again. I discovered that there is an escutcheon that fits on the ignition switch before it is inserted into the dash. This is the piece I was missing. It's primary purpose is to house the dash light (dark green wire) that lights the switch when the light switch is pulled to the first and second "on" positions. It also provides a positive detent that fits into the metal dash so that the switch is held in the correct position.