News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 Cadillac Eldorado spotlight

Started by rwchatham CLC 21892, September 17, 2011, 06:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwchatham CLC 21892

Has anyone seen a 53 Eldorado with a left side spotlight that has the outside mirror built  into the back of the spotlight? Would this be a correct spotlight for a 53 Eldo? Thanks.
R. Waligora

Quentin Hall

Ray, The correct spotlight is a Guide S18. The mirror is attached to the back of the spotlight body. They seem to have been commonly fitted to the Eldos and other GM cars 50 thru 55 ish, singularly or in pairs.
The rh side casting against the door is the holy grail of 53 Eldo bits. I have never seen one. and unfortunately the prior owner of my car took the spotlights off and lost this part. lh ones are no problem and are same as Buick etc.
        The inside adjustment handle was drilled through the waffle trim. I'd probably try and avoid doing that unless you have the exact and correct positioning.   
         I have often speculated that, rather than having being dealer fitted as is the thinking, that they could have been done in the factory .  I say this because one of my cars has two and the other none. Would a dealer have removed the original mirrors and touched up the paint where the mirror holes were? My car #433 with two spotlights appears  to have never had the normal mirror attached. 
         Regards. Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

rwchatham CLC 21892

R. Waligora

Quentin Hall

R , Can you send it to admin@53eldorado.com I am working away for the next two weeks. Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz