News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1948 equiped with fog lights

Started by jxmcrest, September 23, 2011, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jxmcrest

Does  my '48 6269 require a special flasher for the directionals?  The front directionals light on one of the filaments of the automotive type headlight bulb # 1022.  Because of the high wattage (candle power 32) was the car originally equipped with a flasher different than the one commonly available today?  Cape Caddy
Jim McCarty #18347

Dave Shepherd

I have had trouble with 6v flashers, made overseas of course,  they must be heavy duty because of the higher amp load, of course 12v flashers are no good.

49 Convertible

Having had a 48 and now a 49 with the optional larger parking lights I have not found that the flasher was any different than the one in the smaller parking lights.  Make sure you have a proper ground and your connections are tight. Again the standard 6 volt flasher should work
Herman Desser
clc # 19416