News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 thermostat just wondering

Started by Martin Michaels, September 24, 2011, 12:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Michaels

While going thru my 1947 series 62 I took out the thermostat to flush out system and came across this thermostat, I was just wondering back then did people wait till it broke to install a new one and around what year did they stop making them like this?
Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I have never seen one like that. I replaced one in a 1950 series 62 that had the date stamp "9-50" on it.
I am sure that it was original to the car.  It looked like the modern ones, so I am sure that they had changed by 1950.

In the interest of reliability, I would install a new one. One that old is a time bomb.

Martin Michaels

Allan, I will replace it with a new one and that one will go on the shelf as a conversation piece.
Marty
Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White