News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Color

Started by TrevorK, October 03, 2011, 12:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevorK

Hi all,

I'm looking at a '60 Caddy for sale that was originally the "Champagne" color.  I've been looking around online to get a sense of what this particular color looks like, but there seems to be some variation in what I've found.  Does this color have a bit of a pink tone to it? Some of the pics I've found look like it does, while others look like more of a light tan color.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Trevor Korsrud
Trevor Korsrud

1960 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
1963 Cadillac Convertible

jagbuxx #12944

If the car is color code 97, Champagne, there is no pink tone in it.
It is a soft gold color.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

TrevorK

Any idea what color the car in this video is?  Looks to be the Champagne color, and with the burgandy/pink interior in really makes the exterior look like it has a pink tone to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud-I2Zg-97M

Trevor Korsrud

Jon Riley #13576

The Coupe in your link looks to be Persian Sand.  A great color.

This is Champagne : http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/cadillac/eldorado_biarritz/1277067.html

TrevorK

I guess what I'm confused by is the interior pieces of the car which look to be burgandy/pink (see the first two photos) which to me wouldn't match a gold toned car.  The third pic below is one I found from a Google search for "1960 Cadillac Champagne" which sort of looks more like the Champagne color in the Cadillac color chips.

Trevor Korsrud

TrevorK

Looks like I'm not able to save the photo I had posted as the 3rd pic, so here's a link to the webpage:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/dstone7y/tags/champagne/

Trevor Korsrud

jagbuxx #12944

Those clips and links look like Persian Sand as previously commented. It is a softer shade than Sienna Rose.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

quadfins

I agree with Frank - the color in the pics looks like Persian Sand. Champagne has a more distinct yellowish tint.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

TrevorK

Would a Champagne colored car have been available with the burgandy/pink interior shown in the pics? The seller has advertised it as the original color being Champagne, but I'm wondering if he's wrong on this point as it woud seem odd to have a gold toned exterior and a burgandy/pink interior.  I've asked for a photo of the data plate, but the seller hasn't responded (which is making me wonder if I'm interested in purchasing in any event!).

Trevor
Trevor Korsrud

quadfins

It could. You had the money, you could order any color you wanted. I speak from experience - my '61 has Topaz (the 1961 equivilent of Persian Sand) with a green interior. Factory special order, verified by both data plate and build sheet.

I think Champagne with pinkish interior would look quite good, actually.

However, many people really don't know what they are talking about. He may think it is Champagne, when it is actually faded Persian Sand. Pink Champagne???

Unless you see the data plate (or build sheet) you won't know for certain.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

veesixteen

I agree with Jim. Money can buy anything ... except taste. 
"Champagne" is definitely a light "gold" color (like Champagne wine, in fact).
1960 interior trim options with a "pink" tinge include:
(34)"Persian Sand Caspian pattern nylon with Persian Sand metallic elascofb [vinyl] bolsters and trim" (on "62" coupe and sedan)
(44)"Persian Sand Chadwick pattern nylon with Persian Sand metallic Florentine grain leather bolsters and trim" (on "62" CdV and SdV)
(64)"Persian Sand Clarion pattern nylon with Persian Sand metallic Florentine grain leather bolsters and trim" (on "60S")
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Tom Hall 7485

The seller is having trouble with color terms.  That ain't "Champaign," color 97.  I agree with the others:  It's probably Persian Sand.  You could ask the seller what number appears on the body ID plate.  If "48," it's Persian Sand.  If "46," it's Fawn.  Rose and burgundy interiors were recommended for Persian Sand.  In some lights the Fawn can take on a pinkish tint and computers and lens filters can really mess us up.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.