News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Reall good body shop in Boulder / Denver area?

Started by mgbeda, October 04, 2011, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgbeda

Hi folks,

I'm in need of a really good body shop near Boulder or Denver CO.  This is actually for a Buick (sorry) but the most knowledgeable car people I know of are here...

I have an original '75 LeSabre convertible, black, with 40,000 miles.  And I backed it into a shed making a small dent on the rear fender.  Since the car is original I'd like to get it fixed by somebody who knows the old paints without clear coat and metallic, and who can just fix that spot without painting large areas.  I'd like to see if anyone here has had good experience with an old-time bodyman in this area.

On the web I read about Country Cub Auto on Kalamath in Englewood.  Their website looks good, but what does that mean? 

Thanks a bunch.

-Mike Beda
Member # 24610
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Art Director

Hey Mike, you should also belong to the Rocky Mountain Region! Our Regional Meet is going on this Saturday, October 8, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at McCaddon Buick-Cadillac-GMC, 48th and Pearl Parkway in Boulder. Bring your car and join the fun.

My 1963 Sedan de Ville's restoration is almost completed, and the bodywork and paint was done by Quiroz Auto Glass & Body in Longmont, CO, (303) 678-0556. They matched the paint so well, I was quite pleased. Mr. Quiroz is not an oldtimer, but he understands the old paints as you mentioned.

Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

mgbeda

Thanks for the tip.  I finally got the time and clear weather to take that car in but unfortunately Quiroz sold out "a few months ago".  But across the street there was a place called "Collector Car Stars".  They had some very nice cars in their care, including a '70 Caddy convertible, so I'm going to give them a try.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Art Director

Did not know Mr. Quiroz sold the business. Collector Car Stars has done most of the restoration on my 1963 Sedan de Ville and I have been quite pleased with the progress. Good luck. Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold