News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1979 Cadillac Seville Grandeur Convertible

Started by allstate81140, October 06, 2011, 11:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allstate81140

Recently I purchased a White/Red interior 1979 Cadillac Seville Grandeur Convertible with 28,000 miles.
Can someone provide the total production figure of the 1979 Cadillac Grandeur and then the number of convertibles manufactured?
Thanks.
Email: allstate81140@yahoo.com

bcroe

Is the fuel injection working well?  I would start by checking if the 2 temp sensors
(coolant & air) are good; many fail open circuit.  If the injector seals are original,
better get them and all hoses replaced before a leak causes a fire.  Check for slop in
the timing chain; the original needs to be replaced by now regardless of mileage. 

Bruce Roe  CLC # 14630

veesixteen

Some sources assert that 120 units were built but there seems to exist no factory records to support that figure, although it certainly is a possibility.
I don' beélieve I have ever seen a convertible model of the Grandeur. Photos would be welcome.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Davidinhartford

Is this the one you bought?   It is the only convertible version I have seen.

allstate81140

Quote from: bcroe on October 07, 2011, 02:14:34 AM
Is the fuel injection working well?  I would start by checking if the 2 temp sensors
(coolant & air) are good; many fail open circuit.  If the injector seals are original,
better get them and all hoses replaced before a leak causes a fire.  Check for slop in
the timing chain; the original needs to be replaced by now regardless of mileage. 

Bruce Roe  CLC # 14630
Thanks for the heads up. I will have my mechanic perform the work. In the meantime I need to purchase a fire extinguisher for this car.

allstate81140

Quote from: David Smith on October 08, 2011, 10:19:50 AM
Is this the one you bought?   It is the only convertible version I have seen.

Yes this is the convertible I bought which was in Michigan. Small world. It is in excellent condition.