News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 Cadillac coupe bows

Started by jst, October 11, 2011, 06:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jst

Hi
Would anyone have a picture of the bow arrangement (position and mounting) for a 1953 Cadillac Coupe (non chromed bows) ? Thanks
Joe T
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68
1953 Cadillac series 62 COUPE

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Joe,

Are you talking about the roof bows like the Coupe DeVille has? If so, the standard coupe has none. Just a plain headliner. 
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

jst

Hi
I am refering to the inside hidden bows that support the headliner. Mine is a Series 62 Coupe so there would be no chrome bows (outside bows).
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Ok. I see now. I have never seen mine, but I know they are wire. If you look at the photos I sent you, you just about tell the positions and the number of them. If you need more photos, let me know. That's about all I can tell you about them.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

jst

Hi Paul
I have been looking at the pics which you sent and can see two stitch lines toward the the rear of the back window. I've looked and looked at mine an cannot see a place where the second of the two bows go.
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Joe,

I wish I could help you more. The interior in my car is not original. It had been done over before I got the car. It seems to be correct, but maybe not. The installer may have decided to put in an extra bow where it curves down sharply to meet the rear window. But usually they just duplicate what's already there.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine